Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate
Other Trading Names:
- Iron (2+) Sulfate Monohydrate
- Ferrous Sulfate Hydrate
- Iron(II) Sulfate Monohydrate
- Dried Ferrous Sulfate
Types of Packaging
- Woven bag lined with plastic 25kg weight capacity per bag
- Woven bag lined with plastic 1000kg weight capacity per bag
Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate is a hydrate that is the monohydrate form of iron (II) sulfate. It is produced from the heptahydrate by heating above 65°C.
Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate has the appearance of a white yellow crystalline solid. It is odourless and is soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate is used as a precursor to other iron compounds.
- It is used as a reducing agent which is useful for the reduction of chromate in cement to less toxic compounds.
- It is used in the textile industry as a dye fixative.
- It is used to blacken leather.
- It is used as a constituent of ink.
- It is used as a soil amendment for lowering the pH of a highly alkaline soil so that plants have better access to the soil’s rich nutrients.
- It is used for treating iron chlorosis in plants.
- It is used as a lawn conditioner and moss killer which enhances the plant growth.
- It is used as a pigment to stain concrete, some limestones, and sandstones a yellowish rust colour.
- Its solution is used to colour maple wood a silvery hue.
- It is used as a water purifier.
- It is used a gas purification agent
- It is also used for medical purposes as a medicine and a blood supplement.
- In agriculture it is used as a fertiliser, herbicide, and pesticide.
Buy Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate