Other Trading Names:
- Ammonium Peroxodisulfate
- Ammonium Peroxodisulphate
- Ammonium Persulphate
- Ammonium Peroxydisulfate
- Ammonium Peroxydisulphate
Types of Packaging
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- Woven bags lined with plastic having 1000 kg weight capacity per bag
|Chloride and Chlorate (Cl)||≤0.001%|
|Heavy Metal (as Pb)||≤0.001%|
Ammonium Persulfate is an inorganic compound. It is a very useful chemical compound which is made by the electrolysis of a cold concentrated solution of either ammonium sulfate or ammonium bisulfate in sulfuric acid. Its chemical formula is (NH4)2S2O8.
Ammonium Persulfate has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It is highly soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Ammonium Persulfate is an extremely useful chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Ammonium Persulfate is most commonly used as an oxidising agent and a source of radicals. It is a strong oxidising agent that is used in polymer chemistry as an etchant.
- It is used as a cleaning and bleaching agent.
- It is used as a radical initiator in the polymerisation of specific alkenes. Important polymers prepared with this include styrene butadiene rubber and polytetrafluoroethylene.
- Because of its strong oxidising properties it is used to etch copper on printed circuit boards as a ferric chloride solution alternative.
- It is a common ingredient of hair bleach.
- It is used in the treatment of metal surfaces.
- It is also used for activation of copper and aluminium surfaces.
- In the textile industry it is used to de-slurry and bleach specially for low temperature bleaching.
- It is used for water purification.
- It is used as a disinfectant.
- It is also used in exhaust gas treatment.
- It is used for the oxidative degradation of harmful substances like mercury.
- It is used in the paper industry for starch modification and special repulping for low temperature bleaching.
Buy Ammonium Persulfate