Calcium Carbonate 99%
Other Trading Names:
- Chalk Powder
- Ground Calcium Carbonate
- Heavy Calcium Carbonate
- Uncoated Calcium Carbonate
Types of Packaging
- PPPE bags with 25kg weight capacity per bag
- PPPE bags with 50kg weight capacity per bag
- PPPE bags with 1000kg weight capacity per bag
- PPPE bags with 1250kg weight capacity per bag
|Chemical Data Sheets|
|Calcium Carbonate 99% SDS MSDS||Download|
|Calcium Carbonate 99% COA TDS||Download|
|Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3)||99%|
|Iron Oxide (Fe2O3)||0.05%|
|Magnesium Oxide (MgO)||0.20%|
|Aluminium Oxide (Al2O3)||0.05%|
|Titanium Oxide (TiO2)||0.00%|
|Top Cut (D97)||10-20 micron|
Calcium Carbonate 99% is a chemical compound having the formula CaCO3. It is commonly found in rocks as the minerals calcite and aragonite. It is a very popular mineral in the earth.
Calcium Carbonate 99% has the appearance of a fine super white powder. It is odourless. It has chalky taste. Calcium Carbonate is poorly soluble in pure water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Calcium Carbonate 99% is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Calcium Carbonate 99% is mainly used in the construction industry.
- It is used as a building material.
- It is used as a limestone aggregate for the building of roads.
- It is used as an essential ingredient of cement.
- It is also used as a starting material for the preparation of builder’s lime.
- Calcium Carbonate is also used in the purification of iron from iron ore.
- Calcium Carbonate is used in the oil industry too. It is added to drilling fluids as a formation bridging and filtercake sealing agent.
- It is also used as a weighting material that increases the density of drilling fluids.
- It is used as a pH corrector for maintaining alkalinity and off setting the acidic properties of the disinfectant agent in the swimming pools.
- It is used as a raw material for the refinement of sugar.
- Calcium Carbonate in the form of chalk is a major component of blackboard chalk.
- It is used in the microporous film of diapers.
- It is used in the paper industry for the production of printing and writing paper.
- It is used as an extender in paints.
- It is used for making PVC cables.
- It is used medicinally as a dietary calcium supplement.
- It is also used for neutralising acidic soils.
Buy Calcium Carbonate 99%
Camachem stocks Calcium Carbonate 99% in various packaging along with other industrial chemicals for sale. Contact us for a FREE quotation.