Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate
Other Trading Names:
- Iron Sulfate Heptahydrate
- Iron (II) Sulfate Heptahydrate
- Iron (2+) Sulfate Heptahydrate
- Melanterite Mineral
- Green Vitriol
Types of Packaging
- PP bags with 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- Palletised 25 kg PP bags
- Jumbo bags
Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate is a hydrate that is a heptahydrate form of iron (2+) sulfate. It is a very useful salt which is made as a result of oxidation of pyrite. Its chemical formula is FeSO4.7H2O.
Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate has the appearance of a blue-green crystalline solid. It is highly soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate is most popularly used in mining as a fluid property modulator.
- It is used for the extraction of oil and gas.
- It is used in the manufacturing of various medicinal drugs.
- It is used in general adhesives.
- In the agricultural industry it is used for lowering the pH of highly alkaline soil.
- It is used as a soil amendment so that plants have access to the nutrients of the soil.
- It is used in horticulture for treating the issue of iron chlorosis.
- It has long lasting effects.
- It is used in fertilisers, pesticides, and herbicides.
- If mixed with compost and dung in the soil, it can create a store which can last for a long period of time.
- It is also used as a lawn conditioner and moss killer.
- It is used to stain concrete, sandstones, and limestones.
- It is used as a pigment by woodworkers to colour maple wood.
- It is used as a colorant for drugs, food, and inks.
- It is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia as a source of iron. It acts as an anti anaemic reagent.
- It is used for the surface treatment of metals.
- It is also used for sewage and water treatment.
Buy Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate