2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate (2-HEA)
Other Trading Names:
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate
- 2-Propenoic Acid, 2-Hydroxyethyl Ester
- 2-Hydroxyethyl Prop-2-enoate
- Acrylic Acid 2-Hydroxyethyl Ester
- Ethylene Glycol Monoacrylate
Types of Packaging
- Plastic drums with 25 kg weight capacity per drum.
- Plastic drums with 180 kg weight capacity per drum.
|1.106 g/mL at 25 °C(lit)
2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate is an organic compound. It is an ester of acrylic acid. It is a very useful chemical compound that is industrially produced by liquid phase esterification of acrylic acid with ethylene oxide. It is also produced by the reaction of acrylic acid with ethylene glycol. Its chemical formula is C5H8O3.
2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate has the appearance of a clear and colourless liquid. It is slightly less dense than water. Its vapours are heavier than air. It is corrosive to tissue. It may polymerise exothermically if heated or contaminated. It has a mildly pungent ester like odour.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate or 2HEA is an extremely useful chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- 2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate is most commonly used for the production of solid polymers and polymer solutions. It forms homopolymers and copolymers.
- It is an extremely useful raw material for chemical syntheses because it easily goes through addition reactions with many organic and inorganic compounds.
- It is applied for the making of such products that are used as binders.
- It is employed in the making of film formers.
- It is essential for the production of adhesives and sealants.
- It is put to use for making coatings for various purposes. It is used in the production of industrial coatings as well.
- In the automotive industry, it is used in the production of automotive coatings.
- In the construction industry, it is used in concrete additives.
- It is an essential component in the production of plastics in the plastic industries.
- It adds the benefits of chemical resistance, crosslinking, scratch resistance, adhesion, low VOC, and weather-ability to whichever product it is used in.
- It is expended in the preparation of building materials such as flooring and insulation etc.
- Wood preservatives are produced using this chemical.
- It is applicable for use as a modifier for chemicals.
- It is useful for the preparation of colourants, pigments, and dyestuffs. This includes colourants for drugs, textiles, personal care products, and foods etc.
- It is expended as filler for paints, textiles, and plastics.
- It is largely consumed by the manufacturing industry for the production of electronics and machinery.
- It is used in the production of metals and in different processes of their surface treatments.
- It is consumed as a raw material in cosmetics, chemical manufacturing, and metal production.
- In the rubber industry it is utilised in the production of rubber and rubber products.
Buy 2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate