Industrial Grade Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate
Other Trading Names:
- LiOH for battery use
- Lithium Hydroxide
Types of Packaging
- Bags with 25kg weight per capacity
- Bags with 1000kg weight per capacity.
Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate, an inorganic compound, has its chemical formula represented as LiOH.H2O. It is a very useful chemical that is produced industrially from lithium carbonate (Li2CO3) in a metathesis reaction with Calcium hydroxide. An alternative route of industrial production involves the intermediacy of lithium sulfate. Its main byproducts are gypsum and sodium sulfate which have considerable market value. It is the weakest known alkali metal hydroxide but is classified as a strong base.
Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate has the appearance of a hygroscopic white powder. It is an odorless compound. It is soluble in water. It is also slightly soluble in ethanol, methanol, and isopropanol.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate is an extremely useful chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- It is used as a key intermediate in manufacturing lithium compounds/lithium.
- It is mainly consumed in the production of cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries.
- A popular lithium grease thickener is Lithium 12-hydroxystearate, which produces general-purpose lubricating grease due to its high resistance to water and usefulness over a range of temperatures.
- Lithium hydroxide Monohydrate is useful for building gas purification systems for spacecraft, submarines, and rebreathers to remove carbon dioxide from exhaled gas by releasing lithium carbonate and water.
- It is the best option as a precursor for lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxides compared to Lithium Carbonate.
- It is also used in ceramics.
- It is used in some Portland cement formulations.
- It serves as a good protection for radiation against free neutrons.
- It is used to alkalize the reactor coolant in pressurized water reactors for corrosion control.
Buy Industrial Grade Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate