Other Trading Names:
- Phthalic Anhydride
Types of Packaging
- 25 kg bag with inner plastic bag.
- 50 kg bag with inner plastic bag.
- 1000 kg bag with inner plastic bag.
- 1200 kg bag with inner plastic bag.
|5.1 (vs air)
|<0.01mm Hg (20 °C)
|6 g/L (20 OC)
Phthalic Anhydride is an organic compound. It is a very useful chemical compound which is industrially produced from the catalytic oxidation of naphthalene or ortho-xylene directly to phthalic anhydride. It is classified as an aromatic dicarboxylic acid and its chemical formula is C8H4O3.
Phthalic Anhydride has the appearance of a white crystalline solid. It also appears as a fine white powder. It is slightly soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
Phthalic Anhydride or 1,2-Benzenedioic Acid is an extremely useful chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- Phthalic Anhydride is most commonly used for the large-scale production of plasticizers for plastics.
- It performs the useful functions of fillers for products such as paints, plastics, and textiles etc.
- It is used in the production of building material.
- It is utilised for making insulating material for protection from noise and cold etc. such as in homes and buildings.
- It is also consumed for making insulation for wires and electrical cables.
- In the chemical industry it acts as a modifier for chemicals.
- It is widely used for the efficient production of colourants. It is used for making dyes and pigments.
- It is employed as a colorant for drugs, textiles and personal care products like cosmetics, tattoo inks and hair dyes etc.
- In the food industry it is highly demanded for the production of food colours.
- It is put to use in the paper industry for the production of inks for printing.
- It is an essential chemical compound in the construction industry for making construction material.
- It serves as an effective disinfectant.
- It performs significant functions in the treatment and purification of drinking water.
- It is employed in the production of food additives such as spices, extracts colourings and flavours etc.
- It is applicable for use in the production of food packaging materials and other products such as paper plates, cutlery etc.
- It is an essential ingredient for making products used for cleaning and caring for automobiles.
- It is used in products used for photography such as photographic films, photographic tools, and photo chemicals etc.
Buy Phthalic Anhydride