Mono-Dicalcium Phosphate 21%
Other Trading Names:
- Dicalcium phosphate
- Mono Dicalcium Phosphate (MDCP)
- Calcium Salt
Type of Packaging :
- 25kg bag
- 50kg bag
- 100kg bag
|Water-soluble Phosphorus||40% Min|
|Calcium||15% - 18%|
The compound is usually a white powder. It is odourless but irritating to the skin and eyes. The mix is slightly soluble in water and does not burn when exposed to naked flames. It may also take as light yellow colour and is soluble in dilute nitric acid and hydrochloric acid.
Chemical application and strengths:
- One of the most common uses of Dicalcium phosphate is the use as a dietary supplement.
- It contains high levels of calcium and phosphorus, which are needed by human and animal bodies.
- Both of the metals help in the formation of healthy tissue and bones. For that reason, it is used as breakfast cereal additive, enriched flour, and some porridge formulations.
Animal Feed Additive:
- For animals, the salt is used for making dog treats and as an additive in poultry and livestock feeds. It also found in some calcium supplement tablets
Other Mono Dicalcium Phosphate Applications:
- Dicalcium phosphate is used as a tableting agent in the preparation of some tablet formulations where ingredients tend not to cake together.
- It is also added in the formulation of body hygiene products to assist in removing body odour.
- It is also added in toothpaste formulations to help reduce the formation of tartar on the teeth’s surface. In the mouth, dicalcium phosphate acts as a polishing agent with is rather abrasive feel, which gets rid of any plague around the tooth gum line.
- In the medical field, the dehydrate form of dicalcium phosphate is used in the formulation of calcium phosphate cements which have several medical applications. This form of the compound is further processed to form the dicalcium phosphate.