Glutaraldehyde 50% Industry Grade with Formaldehyde
NOTE : Due to High demand for this product because of ongoing COVID19 Pandemic. We may limit containers per client. Also please note we cannot accept LC payment for this product. Thank you for your understanding.
Other trading names:
Types of packaging:
25L (25kg) PE Drum
200L (220kg) PE drum
1000L (1100kg) PE Drum/IBC
|Color (Pt-Co)||50 max|
Glutaraldehyde is usually a light yellow or clear liquid. It has a strong, pungent smell. It is highly toxic and reacts when in contact with the water. It also has a rather low boiling point of about 187 degrees Celsius. However, it is noncombustible.
Chemical application and strengths:
- One of the commonest uses of the Glutaraldehyde is its use as a sterilization agent for use in cleaning surgical instruments, among other areas. It reacts with thiol and animes groups to kill any bacteria. The same principle is applied in its use as a disinfectant.
- In addition to being an anime-reactive compound, it is a homonbifunctionalcrosslinker. It kills cells fast by crosslinking the protein elements within them. For this work, it can be used alone or mixed with formaldehyde to enhance its cell-killing qualities.
- These qualities make it a great fixative for specimens such as plant material, bacteria, and human cells. Once fixation is complete, the cells in question are then dehydrated in acetone or ethanol. In some procedures, the specimens are then embedded in acrylic resin. It used in electron microscopy and staining of the specimens.
- Biologists also use the chemical for the production of toxoid vaccines, such as the BoostrixTdap vaccine’s component called Pertussis. It effectively inactivates bacterial toxins to prevent infection but at the same time activate the body’s immune systems.
- Still in the medical field, Glutaraldehyde is used for the treatment of warts at the feet. About 10% of the compound id mixed with water for the purpose. It helps in drying the skin for easy removal of warts.
- Glutaraldehyde with formaldehyde is also used for the embalming of the bodies at mortuaries. It is also one of the solutions used in the tanning process of leather.
Buy Glutaraldehyde 50% Industry Grade with Formaldehyde:
Camachem has Glutaraldehyde for sale in various package sizes, along with many other specialized chemicals for sale. Please do contact us for a FREE quotation.