EDTA Tetrasodium (Ethylenediamine Tetra-Acetic Acid)
Other Trading Names:
- EDTA Tetrasodium Salt
- Tetrasodium EDTA
- EDTA 4-Na
- Tetrasodium 2,2’,2”,2’”-(Ethane-1,2-diyldinitrilo) Tetra Acetate
Types of Packaging
- PP/PE bag with 25 kg weight capacity per bag
- PP/PE bag with 50 kg weight capacity per bag
- Paper Kraft bag with 25 kg weight capacity per bag
|Heavy Metals (As Pb) %
EDTA Tetrasodium is a very useful salt which is made as a result of neutralisation of ethylenediamine tetra acetic acid with four equivalents of sodium hydroxide. It has the chemical formula C10H12N2Na4O8.
ESTA Tetrasodium has the appearance of a white solid. It is highly soluble in water.
Chemical Applications and Strengths
EDTA Tetrasodium is an extremely efficient chemical compound and therefore, has many industrial applications. Its main applications and strengths are:
- EDTA Tetrasodium is most popularly used for making cosmetic additives.
- It is widely used in the production of dyeing auxiliaries.
- It is used as a source of the chelating agent EDTA4-
- It is used fir the commercial production of ethylenediamine tetra acetic acid through the intermediacy of Tetrasodium EDTA.
- It is also most widely used in hair and skin care products.
- It has been used to help in the formulation of a removal product for rust.
- It is also used as a corrosion inhibitor for the prevention of corrosion.
- It is used for the removal of scales from metal surfaces such as of ferrous metals, copper, brass, and others.
- It is widely used in the medicine field in the chelation therapy such as for treating mercury and lead poisoning.
- In the pulp and paper industry it inhibits the ability of metal ions to of catalysing the disproportionation of hydrogen peroxide.
- It is used as a food preservative or stabiliser to prevent catalytic oxidative de-coloration.
- It is used in cleaning solutions, soaps, and detergents etc.
- It is also used in the cement industry for determining he free lime and free magnesia in cement.
Storage: It must be stored in a dry, cool, and very well ventilated warehouse. It should be preserved in well closed containers and very well protected from moisture.
Buy EDTA Tetrasodium (Ethylenediamine Tetra-Acetic Acid)